I don't have any maxi dresses but I really loved this 70s green lace one. Now I'm not sure if I should make it shorter.
What do you think? I might wear it more if it's shorter. I don't my face looks very convinced by it
I also bought this fantastic fake Astrakhan 60's coat.
Another recent purchase is these fantastic earrings
and these nearly new Jones Dalmatian print shoes - my aunt sold them to me for £5, which would go directly to the day centre she works for...
A couple of weeks ago Audrey at Undead Dandy kindly awarded me the Liebster Blog Award, unfortunately I already have it, twice I think and I can't think of any more facts about myself, but I will answer her questions.
1. Do you know any other languages?
I'm not fluent in anything but I do know various bits of different languages, I can get by in French and Spanish, but I have tried to teach myself Early English/Anglo Saxon. Anglo Saxon for I Love You is: "Ich Luf Eow" and the person who could be pronounce best, it is our Vix, I think the accents would've been similar!
2. Tell me a random fact about your maternal grandmother.
How about two?
1. She took LSD before it was illegal, just as a pick-me-up! She didn't mention tripping, just swearing a lot. She had flashbacks for the rest of her life
2. She was at Glenn Miller's last ever concert before he disappeared, it was held at Wycombe Abbey
3. Favorite bands/musicians?
So many! The Beatles got me through school, I love Sergio Mendes, Pentangle, Frank Sinatra, Al Bowlly and Jimi Hendrix
4. Favorite books:
I love the Mapp and Lucia Books, The Secret History, Picture Of Dorian Grey, Three Men In A Boat, Rebecca
5. Shower or baths?
Shower in the morning, bath in the evening
6. Biggest pet peeve?
Unscrupulous builders who pack loads of houses onto one plot in the countryside.
7. Favorite quote that reflects your outlook on life.
"Strange How Potent Cheap Music Is" - Noel Coward
8. Favorite subject in school:
9. Show me your favorite work of art.
I've got loads of favourites, here's a couple
10. Show me your favorite article of clothing and tell me why you are so fond of it.
Here's one of the many items I love
These boots from Clarks have served me well, they're so comfy and look amazing with everything.
11. Anything you'd like to do before the end of the year?
Not spend all my money on myself
The amazing Edie introduced me to a fantastic 60s Czech film called Daisies, I fell in love with it. Here's a clip. For weekly inspiriation visit Edie's other blog Das Schaben